Elder Nathan Hubert's Mission Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

2 Timothy 4:7

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."

As I've expressed before, there are no words to describe finishing one's mission.  It legitimately becomes part of the person, and is their entire life as they dedicate themselves to the Lord for 2 years.  It has been my privilege to participate in this great work and to be used as an instrument in the hands of God in touching the lives of others, and be touched myself.  I will forever be thankful for the opportunity that I was given to serve.

Over the course of the last 2 years, so much has changed for me.  I have been able to develop a deeper understanding of Jesus Christ and His atonement, and especially what that means for each and every one of us.  I know of a surety that He loves us and that He provides for us all of the things that could never provide for ourselves.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it changes lives because it has changed my own, and I have witnessed its power in the lives of others.

One of the best parts of a mission is that it has changed me forever and has prepared me for the future!  I feel now that I will be able to take on the world and what it has to offer as I pursue a whole new life amidst college, career, and family life.  

But my time as a missionary has been incredible!  It's been such a blessed experience and I would not change one bit of it for the entire world.  :)  I thank all those who have been so influential throughout my life and have helped me get to this moment, and all those who supported me as I served the Lord.  I'm legitimately at a loss for words as I attempt to describe how I'm feeling right now.  :)  All that's important to say is that I know that God lives, that He loves us, and that this is His work!  See you all on Thursday!


--Elder Nate Hubert

1 comment:

  1. I can NOT believe you are coming home already. It has been so uplifting and inspiring to read about the experiences you have had the past two years. Thank you for your service, thank you for your testimony, thank you for sharing it with all of us. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete