Elder Nathan Hubert's Mission Blog

Monday, July 27, 2015

My Final Transfer Begins - going back to Waukesha!

First of all, I HATE GOODBYES!

We got word this last Saturday while playing soccer that I was going to be transferred for my last transfer of the mission.  So from Saturday until now I've been saying goodbye to people here in the Milwaukee Spanish Branch.  It's definitely been one of my favorite areas and I really really love it!  :D  I really am so sad to leave, and I really have hated having to say goodbye to so many people that mean so much to me.  That's definitely the worst part of a mission...

I had an excellent week though!  On Monday I got my hair cut - almost COMPLETELY off!  Whatever, it's summertime and I feel good about it even if the person cutting my hair didn't do exactly what I wanted.  I said to not touch the top, but that's where they cut off most of my hair from!  

Tuesday we had interviews with President Cutler in the morning which were incredible as usual.  We talked a lot about fasting and why it's important, but then after that the entire feeling of the interview changed.  Before, we were sharing insights and ideas and such, and then he asked me the question: "So Elder Hubert, how do you want to spend the last 6 weeks of you mission?"  I was surprised that he asked me that because I'll be honest - it doesn't feel like I only have 6 weeks left in my mission...  And as I answered, tears came from my eyes.  I simply said: "I just want to work as hard as I can and bless the lives of as many people as possible."  It was such a sad thought, to consider that in just a few weeks my mission would end!  But hey, let's not dwell on that.  Instead, let's dwell on the great things that can be accomplished in 6 weeks!

One other cool thing that happened Tuesday is that President Cutler went out proselyting with us from the hours of 6-9, so we taught Annette and her family by showing them a video that we had, and then we taught Jesus Franco about tithing and fasting, and then we talked to the Velasco family about some stuff as well!  I loved proselyting with him - it was really a great experience.  :)  He's just such an inspirational man!

Wednesday we got to go on exchanges down to Racine and I went with Elder Casagranda and it was a really great experience.  We were able to meet with a great family called the Rojas family and they are preparing to get baptized in 3 weeks so we're super stoked for them!  :)  We also had a great experience with a basher who was a 7th Day Adventist who was trying to prove us wrong - it didn't work - we stood our ground!

Viernes (Friday) we had the great opportunity to go on exchanges with the Muskego Lakes Elders, where we tried really hard to get to know the members and help the elders there work a little harder with them and help them reach out to the members.  It's all good!  The Muskego Eldres are amazing!

Saturday as I said, we got the news that I was leaving...  Depressing...  And we did finding too!  It was WAY good!  Sorry I'm being a little vague, I'm trying to be fast...  :P

Sunday though, we went to church and I got to bear my testimony to the branch and then I translated one of the talks from the Stake Young Men's President into SPanish so that everybody could understand.  I did a pretty good job I thought!  After church was crazy because I had to take photos with SO many people!  But it was all good - then we had 2 dinner appointments where I said goodbye to more people!  And that's basically the story of my life for the next 2 days - goodbyes after goodbyes...  :P

I love you all TONS!  I wish I could tell you more but I've gotta go!  just hit me up after the mission and we can talk about it!  Adios!

--Elder Nate Hubert

No comments:

Post a Comment