Elder Nathan Hubert's Mission Blog

Friday, October 10, 2014

Transfer Week, Exchanges, and General Conference! :D

Hey everybody!  So, this coming Wednesday is transfer day, and Elder Miller is going to be leaving me!  However, I am going to be getting Elder Harding as my new companion.  He's not going to be new to Green Bay, but he's just changing companionships in this city, and I'm pretty excited to serve with him!  He and I came out together and so it's gonna be cool!  I'll let you know how things go.


This week also I was able to go on a pretty awesome exchange with Elder Landaverry.  We talked a lot about how everything was and got to know each other a little more, and then the next day we got to business.  We were able to work and work hard.  We went to an area that we hadn't tried before and we were able to find, teach, talk to, and set return appointments with several new people down there, increasing the potential work in this area!  We tracted down there for a while and it was super awesome to do that.  Later, we went to a bank so that I could get some paperwork notarized so I can apply for a new copy of my driver's license, and then we helped set up for this activity that was going to be going on at the church.  After a while, we got picked up by our ride and we went to go to dinner with him. The only issue is that this man was 85 years old, so he just took us to his Old Folk's home and we had old people food there...  It was, interesting to say the least.  :P



And finally as a highlight of my week, we were able to watch General Conference, which I was super excited about!  :D  The sessions were amazing, and I have to admit that my favorite talk was the one by President Uchtdorf in the Priesthood Session - I encourage all to watch or read that talk. 



I'm sorry for the shorter email today, but those were the main occurances of my week.  I really hope that you all have incredible weeks and I hope to hear from you soon!  :D
With love,
--Elder Nate Hubert

P.S. (from Nathan's letter to his dad) I just received news that Elder Miller will be leaving (going to the Madison 1st Ward - where I started my mission) and that I am going to be made the new District Leader here in Green Bay.  That news took me by a major surprise and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.  But that's the latest news for me!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment