Elder Nathan Hubert's Mission Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

First complete week in Milwaukee - Miracle of finding new investigators!

Hey everybody, so I'm going to do the weekly email a bit differently this week because I'm running super low on time.   I feel like this is going to be a regular occurance while I'm in Milwaukee...  But that's okay!  :P  Just send me letters - I haven't gotten one of those in a while.  That would brighten my day!  *hint hint...*  But yeah, I'm just going to talk about a few experiences that were especially awesome.

First of all, on Tuesday we got to go on exchanges with one of the District Leaders here in the zone.  His name is Elder Thompson and he was in my district when I was in Madison at the beginning of my mission.  He's pretty awesome, but I was scared to go on my first ZL exchange.  So, he and I went into his area and we had a super awesome lesson that night with a man named Sam.  Sam has been reading the book of Mormon for 1-2 hours a day, and even though they haven't taught him the Word of Wisdom or the Law of Chastity, he totally understands all of those priciples just because he learned them from the Spirit during his reading in the Book of Mormon - SO amazing!

Thursday night we had another HUGE miracle.  So, Elder Evans and I had some time to kill, meaning some time to find some new investigators.  We grabbed our survey (which is the main way that we've been using to get into people's homes - it's super effective) and we knocked on some doors!  Of course we were met by some rejection, but there was a moment where we knocked on 3 doors in a row, and behind each of the doors we met a different Hispanic family, where we entered and we taught an hour lesson.  3 hours, 3 doors, 3 new families, and 8 new investigators.  AMAZING!  The Lord really is helping us do His work and I absolutely love it.  One of the families we were pretty sure would have accepted an invite to baptism, but then they got distracted by their parents getting home.  But soon - definitely soon.

Friday night we had another super cool experience, where we were teaching a lesson to Jose and Maria, a super old couple.  The lady was telling some stories that were taking FOREVER, but eventually we got out of there and we found 5 new investigators!  2 new families!  So, I am proud to say (this is not boasting of my own strength - but I will boast of my God) Elder Evans and I are only teaching families.  There is not a single lesson we taught this week with investigators involved that was only a single person - it was always a family..  :D

Saturday we also had some great experiences, where we taught Justin and his fmaily the Plan of Salvation, which was great because we had 2 investigators sitting in on the lesson so it was super powerful.  Pretty soon after that, we had another member present lesson with the Palacios family (the Soriano's came with us) and we taught them the Plan of Salvation too, with a baptismal invite.  They were super skeptical, and actually turned us down because they said that they haven't received a sign yet.  But after the closing prayer, the wife said "That feeling, that peace - that is my sign."  I love the Spirit!  And to close off the night we taught the Velasco's the same thing, and it was super poderoso!  

And I think the best part is that they came to church the next day!  The Velasco's did!

And Sunday evening we had a meeting with the Stake President and the Mission president, so that's cool.  We discussed the major needs of the stake and what we can do to help.  :)

I love you all so much!  And I don't think that the photos are going throguh because Dropbox is having an error or something!  Sorry, maybe next week!  :)

--Elder Nate Hubert




No comments:

Post a Comment