Elder Nathan Hubert's Mission Blog

Monday, March 30, 2015

So basically I'm the FBI, or Batman. Take your pick.

Dang I was super scared as I got on the computer today, because they started doing something new with the Missionary Email Website, and it was having some bugs when I first got on, but now I'm on so I'm pretty stoked about that.  :)  I'm just going to start out by going over the highlights of my week:

Monday during the day was crazy - mostly because when we got to see all of the changes that were happening for transfers and it threw us all for a loop.  But hey, nothing happened with us!  Elder Evans and I are staying another transfer together!  This is a great companionship though - we both love to work and we get along together great, especially when a person has a guitar at their house because then Elder Evans plays the guitar and I sing, and we basically just win people's hearts over that way.  :P

But Monday night we had a great visit with a family in the Branch over here.  They are the Miralrio family (translated in English their last name means "Look at the river"), and they have a very special place in my heart.  First of all, they are converts of a couple years and have a super strong conversion to the gospel.  However, due to his work schedule (he owns a soccer shop and refs some soccer leagues - super awesome) he hasn't been able to make it to church a lot of the time, but we taught them from the Book of Mormon using where they were reading (I don't recall where) and talked about the commandments, Enduring to the End, and doing all things possible in order to attend the temple (which they haven't done yet as a family).  The best part is that they were totally on board to doing all of the things we talked about it, and I know that they meant it because later on in the week, on Sunday, they showed up to church all together and stayed the whole time!  :D  I'm so excited for this family!  :D

Tuesday was awesome because neither Elder Evans or I had to pack our bags because we were getting transferred, so that was a big stress reliever.  Then, we got a call from the Assistants (who are some of our best friends over here) and they asked us to come over to the mission home to take out the new Spanish Missionary who arrived in Milwaukee that day, so we were all over that!  We went over and picked up Elder Cameron Fry from Orem Utah, and apparently he knows tons of the people I know, including my little sister Sarah!  "It's a small world after all..."  No lie.  He keeps on mentioning people that he knows, and I'm like "Holy cow, you know them?!  ME TOO!!"  Super crazy.  But we went out with him for like 2-3 hours and it was awesome!  We taught something like 12 lessons - I forget - but it was super amazing and I hope he had a good experience with it.  He'll be a good missionary though!  He's getting trained by my former companion Elder Miller so he'll be working hard.  :)

Wednesday was a stressful day because it was transfer day, and we had to be in charge of the Milwaukee Transfer Point, helping missionaries put their luggage in the right places, keeping them quiet, trying to help other missionaries not mess around so much...  Stuff like that.  It basically took up our entire day!  The first thing we did that didn't involve transfers was go to Annette Ruiz's house and teach a lesson to her family from D&C 121, ensuring them that no matter the trial, that if we endure it well God will exalt us on high.  That was a miracle.


Thursday was cool because we got to go to the mission home again to have interviews with President Cutler.  My interview was really good - just talked with him about some various insights that we had recently from our studies.  It was sweet!  The scary part of the day was when we had President Cutler come out with us that night to teach some lessons...  I mean, it had the potential of being scary, but it really wasn't that scary.  :P  I just acted like I always do so i wasn't really scared.  But, we taught the Velasco's which was awesome, and we also taught the Roman family and they are progressing well too!  We're just hoping that soon they'll commit to doing something.

The next awesome thing that happened with my week was on Friday, where I was able to do my first baptismal interview for one of Elder Miller's investigators named Maria, and she passed so that was really good!  :D  

She was baptized Sunday morningbefore church, and then during church she and Leti Velasco were confirmed members of the church - what a miracle!  :D  Such progression in such short time - what a blessing it is to see the gospel change and morph someone's lives and help them be better.

But yeah!  That was my week!  It was pretty action-packed, you know.  Basically, I'm Batman.  That's why.  Actually, something funny that happened this week is that Elder Evans and I were in a hurry, and were in our suits, and had to stop by a store to grab something really quick, so we kinda ran into the store and were speed-walking through it, and all of the people in the store thought that we were the FBI or something, and that we were there to make an arrest...  :P  We only know that because they told us later.  :P  FUNNY!  :D  I hope that all of you have a great week!  This is Elder Hubert's Weekly Wisconsin Report - signing out.....

--Elder Nate Hubert

No comments:

Post a Comment